Some projects just take more time than necessary. Sometimes a project is just poorly planned. Sometimes it’s both. Well I had somewhere between 10 and 12 balls of this bamboo yarn. I forgot how many I had.
It is a very soft yarn with a metallic thread running through it. I started to use pattern 198 which includes alternating rows of fan tails consisting of 9 dc. To balance things out between rows of the fantail stitches, there were rows which combined ch stitches, sc to connect the row to the top of the fan and dc-ch-dc stitches to connect the row to the space between fantails.
Could not tell you how many stitches I started with. I forgot. When I was down to my last ball of yarn, I finished off a row so that I had a relatively flat row. I then sc all around with three dc in each corner. For the next row, I did a pattern of sc,hdc,sc to get a tiny ripple all around.
Here is a close up of the finished project:
And here is a close up of the edging.
I need to remember to take better notes or at least finish these projects faster.